A few people had complained that Feedzirra was throwing segfaults on some feeds. After looking into this a bit I found that it was an issue when trying to deal with gzip or deflate encoded feeds. Since the primary goal of Feedzirra is to be used as a multi-feed background fetcher, segfaults are completely unacceptable. So for now I've made it not request gzip or deflate encodings by default.
You can still enable gzip and deflate by doing this when you call:
Feedzirra::Feed.fetch_and_parse("http://feeds.feedburner.com/PaulDixExplainsNothing", :compress => true)
This should work with all the fetching methods.
I also removed the ITunesRSS parser as a default option. The field names were a bit different so it was breaking normalization (which is something this library values). You can add that back in by doing the following: